- Age Range:
2 to 6 years
- Class Structure:
12 monthly units
- Class Length: 30 minutes
Created for the child enrolled in a childcare center or pre-K program, ABC Music & Me is a research-based language and early literacy program built around music.. ABC Music & Me helps two to six-year-olds develop pre-literacy and language skills through a child’s most-loved rituals: music and story time.
ABC Music & Me supports the early childhood standards and requirements for “high quality programs” as defined by the National Institute for Early Education. Plus for the older age group, ABC Music & Me aligns with pre-K national and state standards.
What you’ll experience in class:
- Songs and rhymes to develop phonetic awareness and early reading skills
- Tapping, clacking, and ringing rhythm instruments in time with music to improve hand-eye coordination
- Focused listening with music to improve skills in following directions
- Instrument play to strengthen fine motor skills
- Developmentally-appropriate songs to develop vocal chords and expressive speech
- Learning that emphasizes storytelling, imaginative play, and taking turns